Envelop your music in vibrant rhythmic energy with the SL-2 Slicer, an inspiring creative tool filled with colorful sonic grooves. This BOSS original chops your sound into unique percussive patterns — including many processed with internal filters and effects — and provides multiple output options that bring grooves to life across the stereo field
Evolved from the legacy SL-20 Slicer , the SL-2 offers expanded capabilities while shrinking the size to the pedalboard - friendly BOSS compact format. Instantly elevate performances with 88 on board patterns and tap into more via the BOSS Tone Studio app. Grab the knobs to tweak audio slices on the fly and sync to songs with tap tempo and MIDI. Fun and easy to use, the SL-2 brings fresh musical power to all types of creators, from guitarists and keyboardists to loop performers, DJs, beatmakers, and beyond.
- The famous BOSS Slicer effect in an advanced compact pedal
- Instantly create compelling sonic grooves with single and dual Slicer paths processed with multiple internal effects
- 88 memory locations with pre-loaded patterns (eight types with 11 variations for each)
- Control the wave shape and length of sliced audio with Attack and Duty knobs
- Adjust the overall effect level with +/- 12dB range
- Mono/stereo input and output for integration with any setup
- Seven stereo output modes: Fixed, EFX/Direct, Random, Ping-Pong, Auto, 3D Cross, and 3D Rotation
- Connect to the BOSS Tone Studio app (macOS/Windows) via USB to explore and load alternate patterns
- Control bypass and tap tempo with the onboard pedal switch
- Connect up to two footswitches or an expression pedal for external parameter control
- TRS MIDI input for clock sync and CC control
- BOSS five-year warranty
Compact Audio Adrenaline The SL-2 brings massive sonic groove muscle to the compact pedal format. Modern DSP takes the BOSS Slicer engine further than ever before, delivering rich, animated sounds via single and dual paths chained with multiple internal effects. Eight pattern types — each with 11 variations — will keep you armed with creative firepower for a long time. When you’re ready for more, connect to BOSS Tone Studio over USB to audition and load alternate patterns into the pedal and organize memory setups for different songs.Pre-loaded pattern types:
- Single (1 and 2) — Rhythmic patterns that use a single Slicer effect
- Dual (3 and 4) — Rhythmic patterns that use two Slicer effects
- Tremolo (5) — Patterns with a traditional tremolo effect
- Harmonic (6) — Rhythmic patterns with pitch-shifting effects
- SFX (7 and 8) — Rhythmic patterns with different effects applied
Shape Your Groove With the SL-2’s efficient interface, you can dial in sophisticated textures in seconds. Use the Attack control to shape the edge of the waveform for everything from hard-chopped slices to soft, fluttering movements. Then tweak the waveform’s length with the Duty control, going from sharp, percussive transients to longer, fuller audio blocks. Adjust the tempo with the dedicated knob or hold the pedal switch to engage tap tempo mode for hands-free control. And with the Balance knob and +/- 12 dB of output level adjustment, you always have complete control of the mix.
Set The Stage The SL-2 dishes up loads of impressive sounds with a standard mono setup. But things get even better when using the two outputs and seven different output modes. Send direct and effect sounds to different destinations for recording and performance. Or surround yourself and listeners in animated movement using a variety of stereo and 3D processing options. You can also feed the SL-2 with your favorite stereo pedals to bring further magic to your grooves.Stereo Output Modes:
- Fixed (Default) — Sends the same direct/effect mix to both outputs
- EFX/Direct — Sends the effect sound to Output A and the direct sound to Output B
- Random — A stereo effect that randomly outputs the Slicer sound to the left, right, or center
- Ping-Pong — A stereo effect that alternately sends the Slicer sound to Output A or Output B
- Auto — A stereo effect that smoothly pans the Slicer sound between Output A and Output B
- 3D Cross — Advanced spatial processing moves the Slicer sound in left/right and forward/back patterns in 3D space
- 3D Rotation — Advanced spatial processing rotates the Slicer sound in 3D space
Expand Your Creative Flow With its generous external control options, the SL-2 flows with your creative needs. Plug in an external footswitch to instantly tap in the tempo or engage the effect with momentary presses. Or connect an expression pedal to control knob parameters or the overall level as you perform. With the TRS MIDI input, you can sync your SL-2 grooves to a drum machine, DAW, or any other device that sends MIDI clock. It’s also possible to control expression, tempo, and bypass functions via MIDI CC messages.
| (2) 1/4" Left, Right/Mono
|(2) 1/4" Left, Right/Mono
|On-board Expression Pedal
|Number of Pedal Switches
Roland/Boss Consumer Limited Warranty
This limited warranty applies only to Roland and Boss products purchased in the United States of America.
Roland Corporation U.S. warrants to the first consumer only of a covered product purchased from an authorized Roland dealer in the U.S. that this product will be free from defects in materials for a period of five (5) years or defects in workmanship for a period of two (2) years. Please register this product online to establish the date of purchase (not a requirement for warranty service).
To exercise your rights under this Warranty as a purchaser, you must ship this product in appropriate packaging at your expense (insurance is recommended), together with proof of purchase, to Roland Corporation U.S., or to such other address as may be instructed by Roland Corporation U.S. (This shipping requirement shall not apply to those Roland products covered by in-home warranties). You should submit a new service request to obtain a Return Authorization number for the returned product. Any products shipped to Roland Corporation U.S. without a Return Authorization number shall be refused.
Roland Corporation U.S. will repair or replace this product at its sole option at no charge to you for parts or for labor within the warranty period; provided, however, that Roland Corporation U.S. reserves the right to determine whether the product is 'defective' for purposes of this Limited Warranty. This Warranty does not apply to damage to this product that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, abnormal service or handling, battery leakage or failure, damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product, or if the product has been altered or modified in any way, or if the damage was caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than Roland Corporation U.S. or a Roland Authorized Service Center.
In no event shall Roland Corporation U.S. be liable for any indirect, incidental, collateral, exemplary, punitive, consequential or special damages or losses arising out of your purchase of products and/or out of this warranty, including without limitation, loss of use, profits, goodwill or savings or loss of data, music, electronic files, or programs that may have been stored by a user of the product even if Roland Corporation U.S. has been advised of the possibility of such damages or claims. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Where applicable, if you qualify as a 'consumer' under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, then you shall be entitled to any implied warranties allowed by law for the period of the Limited Warranty as set forth above. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Except as stated above, the foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other conditions or warranties, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, an implied condition or warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and of any other warranty obligation on the part of Roland Corporation U.S.
Roland Corporation U.S. does not assume or authorize assumption of liability for it or any other warranty, either express or implied. This Limited Warranty gives U.S. purchasers specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.