The Malekko Heavy Industry Richter series of modules in Eurorack format offer the same great sound, ergonomics, musicality and quality that made the Wiard 300 series legendary at a fraction of the cost and size. The Malekko/Richter Envelator is a eurorack version of the infamous 300 Series Envelator module.
The Envelator is a multi-function linear function generator. The attack and decay slopes are individually voltage controllable with input attenuators. The unit outputs the envelope, inverse of the envelope (negative going envelope), a voltage step signal during the attack phase, and a pulse at the end of the decay phase.
The three-position mode switch determines the function of the envelopes. When set to AR, the envelope will act as an AR envelope, maintaining full level until GATE (in) goes 'low.' In AD mode, the envelope acts as an AD envelope and will begin decay as soon as the attack stage is complete. In Cycle mode, the end pulse is fed back to the envelope input and will force the envelope to re-trigger. In this mode, the Envelator output functions as a shaped triangle waveform LFO. When in Cycle mode, the SQR output acts as a square wave LFO with the pulse width determined by the settings of the A and D controls.
- Module controls
- AD/AR/CY switch: selects among AR, AD and Cycle modes
- ATTACK knob: sets time for attack phase
- DECAY knob: sets time for decay phase
- DELAY knob: sets time for delay phase
- AMOD knob: attenuator for AMOD attack modulation CV input
- DMOD knob: attenuator for DMOD decay modulation CV input
- x10 button: multiplies attack and decay times by a factor of ten
- DELAY button: in Cycle mode, engages delay phase before envelope repeats
- Patch points
- DEL CV input: CV control over delay time with no attenuation
- GATE input: gate trigger input
- SQR output: outputs +10 volts during attack phase, 0 volt during decay phase
- -OUT output: negative control output, inverted copy of envelope
- END output: outputs pulse at end of decay phase
- +OUT outputs: main control outputs, two positive copies of envelope
- AMOD input: attack modulation CV input, attenuated by AMOD knob
- DMOD input: decay modulation CV input, attenuated by DMOD knob
- Physical specifications
- Size: 10hp
- Module depth: 38mm
- Power usage: 35mA @ +12V, 35mA @ -12V
|Vendor||Malekko Heavy Industry|
|Product Unique Features||
Attack/Decay, Attack/Release, and Cycling Envelope Modes
|Module Power Usage||35mA @ +12V|
Malekko Heavy Industry 1 Year Warranty
Please register your purchase now at Malekko's website.
Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation (hereinafter 'Malekko') warrants that your new Malekko product, when purchased at an authorized Malekko dealer, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Please contact Malekko for information on warranty and service outside of the USA.
During the warranty period, Malekko shall, at its sole option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective upon inspection by Malekko. Malekko reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice.
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Malekko is provided with all of the following items:
- (i) all warranty registration information for the new owner,
- (ii) proof of the transfer within thirty (30) days of the transfer purchase, and
- (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt.
Warranty coverage shall be determined by Malekko in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty.
Service and repairs of Malekko products are to be performed only by Malekko. Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.
Disclaimer and limitation of warranty the foregoing warranty is the only warranty given by Malekko and is in lieu of all other warranties. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Upon expiration of the applicable express warranty period (1 year), Malekko shall have no further warranty obligation of any kind, express or implied. Malekko shall in no event be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product, whether in contract or in tort. Malekko shall not be liable for any expenses, claims, or suits arising out of the foregoing.
The Malekko Warranty does not Cover:
- Damage from physical abuse such as dropping the unit, impact from hard objects or damage to external components as a result of negligence.
- Damage due to liquid contamination.
- Damage resulting from any use other than that it was intended for.
- Any unit that has been repaired or had an attempted repair made to it by unauthorized personnel.
- Damage due to incorrect connection, connection to faulty equipment or connection to faulty or incorrect power supplies.
- Damage in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection.