Tape: The First Effect
Add warm dimensionality and luscious tape saturation to your signal. Teleport the tones of yesteryear to your board. Effortlessly create a huge range of beautiful, distinctive, and enveloping vintage sounds.
Our journey begins with the early recording studios of the ’50s and ’60s. The introduction of reel-to-reel tape machines and the creative engineers that used them brought on some of the fattest sounds imaginable. These early machines really were the first effects pedals — they just wouldn’t have fit on your pedalboard!
From the inherent warmth and luscious tape saturation to the forgotten art of how these machines were manipulated, Deco brings this original inspiration back, giving you these vintage tape effects from the earliest recording studios, right on your pedalboard
Deco’s Tape Saturation smooths out your sound with familiar and delicious tape compression and saturation, while fattening your tone with subtle tape-driven transparent overdrive. The Doubletracker provides the power to shift your sound in many ways, easily allowing you to achieve syrupy slapback tape echoes, psychedelic tape flanging, and gorgeous tape chorusing sounds.
Classic Sound, New Features.
Strymon's second generation Deco gives you the same gorgeous reel-to-reel tape sounds from our original, while adding several significant new features, incorporating technological advancements, hardware improvements and design enhancements to give you additional flexibility, power, and ease of use on stage and in the studio.
- New Tonal Options - We’ve added new controls for even more sonic flexibility. Deco now comes with an all-new cassette tape voicing that employs an auto level control (ALC) process common to many high-end cassette tape recorders, resulting in a compressed, fat tone. In addition, a new dedicated Tone knob lets you adjust the tone of the Tape Saturation exactly to your liking, from dark to bright.
- MIDI - Full MIDI implementation means you can control just about every switch, knob, and setting remotely by sending MIDI commands from your controller or DAW vial Deco’s EXP/MIDI jack or USB-C connection. Lag Deck delay time can be synchronized via MIDI Clock Sync, and the sync setting can be saved for each preset. 300 MIDI preset locations are available for loading and saving your favorite settings.
- Hardware Improvements - A premium analog JFET input circuit ensures superb responsiveness to your playing, and you can select mono or stereo input with the flick of a rear panel switch. All this, plus a new ARM DSP chip provides more processing power for every sonic nuance, with less energy consumption on your pedalboard
|Included From Manufacturer
|9V center negative DC power supply, 250mA current draw
|Product Unique Features
|EXP / MIDI (1/4" TRS)
|Tape saturation, Doubletracker
|1/4" switchable mono/stereo input
|On-board Expression Pedal
|Number of Pedal Switches
|Tape Bypass, Doubletracker Bypass
|9V center negative DC power supply, 250mA current draw (included)
Strymon Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
Strymon warranties its products and their varying components to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from the original date of purchase when purchased from an authorized Strymon dealer:
- 2 years – Compadre, Iridium, NightSky, Riverside, Sunset, Volante, Zelzah
- 1 year – BigSky, blueSky, Brigadier, Deco, DIG, El Capistan, Flint, Lex, Mobius, OB.1, Ola, Orbit, TimeLine
- 2 years – AA.1, Magneto, StarLab
- 5 years – Zuma, Zuma R300, Ojai, Ojai R30
- 1 year – Factory power supplies for pedals
- 2 years – Conduit
- 1 year – MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, original MultiSwitch, MIDI EXP Cables, DC Power Cables, EIAJ-05 Link Cables, 24V Power Adapter for Ojai/Ojai R30, Polarity Reversal Adapters, Voltage Doubler Adapters, Daisy-Chain Power Cables
If the product fails within the warranty period, Strymon will repair or, at its discretion, replace the product at no cost to the original purchaser.
This warranty covers defects in manufacturing discovered while using this product as recommended by Strymon. This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage, lightning, or natural disasters. Damage caused by any of the above circumstances may result in a non-warranty repair fee.
Products that were purchased from an unauthorized dealer are not covered under warranty. The warranty is non-transferrable and does not cover used or second-hand products.
Limits of liability
In the case of malfunction, the purchaser's sole recourse shall be repair or replacement, as described in the preceding paragraphs. Strymon will not be held liable to any party for damages that result from the failure of this product. Damages excluded include, but are not limited to, the following: lost profits, lost savings, damage to other equipment, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use, or inability to use this product. In no event will Strymon be liable for more than the amount of the purchase price, not to exceed the current retail price of the product. Strymon disclaims any other warranties, express or implied. By using the product, the user accepts all terms herein.
How to obtain service under this warranty
Contact Strymon through its website for return authorization and information. Proof of original ownership may be required in the form of a purchase receipt.