When Strymon decided to create a studio-class pedal that faithfully recreates the classic, unmistakable sound of the most sought-after rotating speaker system, they prepared to study every nuance and finest detail. The Strymon sound design labs were filled with those signature, swirling, three-dimensional sounds as they painstakingly analyzed and recreated the physics and mechanics behind these systems.
- Handcrafted rotary algorithms faithfully deliver the signature, three-dimensional rotating speaker experience
- Extensive control over rotating speaker mechanics and configuration
- Four rotary adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Fast Rotor Speed, Preamp Drive, Mic Distance, Horn Level
- Four 'hidden' knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Slow Rotor Speed, Cab Direction, Acceleration Time, ±6dB Boost/Cut
- Instantly alternate between a fast and slow rotor speed with the Slow/Fast stomp switch
- Selectable cab filter allows for an optimal experience in front of guitar amplifiers and full range systems
- Selectable Bi-Amp mode splits bass rotor and treble horn signals to separate outputs
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect an optional footswitch to save a favorite preset or use as an external speed switch
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- True bypass via electromechanical relay switching
The complete rotary system
Lex provides you with a complete, accurately reproduced rotary system: the low-frequency bass rotor, the rotating treble horn, the tube-driven amplifier, finely tuned microphone placement and all the complex sonic interactions among these elements. Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed to authentically represent these details.
You get eight parameters to tweak, allowing extensive control over the tonality and mechanics of the rotating speaker system. You can manipulate each element, including rotor speed, horn level, acceleration time, microphone distance, tube drive and saturation and volume level. Go from a maelstrom of dramatic, up-close, sweeping and swirling sounds all the way to mellow, tranquil and calming undulations. All of this without a giant cabinet, microphone setup or costly motor maintenance.
Alternate between a slow and fast rotor speed. Ramp up and slow down with the press of a switch.
Press and hold the Slow/Fast switch to put the brakes on. The Lex rotary will wind down and stop. When at rest, the horn and drum 'brake angle' is optimally positioned for consistent results. Release the Slow/Fast switch and the rotary will begin to spin.
Lex provides you with a selectable Bi-Amp mode to send bass rotor signal out to the left output and the treble horn to the right output. Stack two cabinets and add another dimension to your sound.
You get an expression pedal input with assignable control over any front panel knob parameter. When set to fast rotor speed, you can sweep and ramp all the way from the 'braked' position up to a selectable speed.
|Included From Manufacturer||Power supply|
|Product Unique Features||
|Control Connections||1/4" expression pedal input|
|Effects||Rotary speaker simulation|
|Audio Inputs||1/4" mono input|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo output|
|On-board Expression Pedal||No|
|Number of Pedal Switches|| Slow/Fast stomp switch
Bypass stomp switch
|Power Adaptor||Included 9VDC center negative power supply|
Strymon Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
Strymon warranties its products and their varying components to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from the original date of purchase when purchased from an authorized Strymon dealer:
- 2 years – Compadre, Iridium, NightSky, Riverside, Sunset, Volante, Zelzah
- 1 year – BigSky, blueSky, Brigadier, Deco, DIG, El Capistan, Flint, Lex, Mobius, OB.1, Ola, Orbit, TimeLine
- 2 years – AA.1, Magneto, StarLab
- 5 years – Zuma, Zuma R300, Ojai, Ojai R30
- 1 year – Factory power supplies for pedals
- 2 years – Conduit
- 1 year – MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, original MultiSwitch, MIDI EXP Cables, DC Power Cables, EIAJ-05 Link Cables, 24V Power Adapter for Ojai/Ojai R30, Polarity Reversal Adapters, Voltage Doubler Adapters, Daisy-Chain Power Cables
If the product fails within the warranty period, Strymon will repair or, at its discretion, replace the product at no cost to the original purchaser.
This warranty covers defects in manufacturing discovered while using this product as recommended by Strymon. This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage, lightning, or natural disasters. Damage caused by any of the above circumstances may result in a non-warranty repair fee.
Products that were purchased from an unauthorized dealer are not covered under warranty. The warranty is non-transferrable and does not cover used or second-hand products.
Limits of liability
In the case of malfunction, the purchaser's sole recourse shall be repair or replacement, as described in the preceding paragraphs. Strymon will not be held liable to any party for damages that result from the failure of this product. Damages excluded include, but are not limited to, the following: lost profits, lost savings, damage to other equipment, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use, or inability to use this product. In no event will Strymon be liable for more than the amount of the purchase price, not to exceed the current retail price of the product. Strymon disclaims any other warranties, express or implied. By using the product, the user accepts all terms herein.
How to obtain service under this warranty
Contact Strymon through its website for return authorization and information. Proof of original ownership may be required in the form of a purchase receipt.