Durably made in America and easy to maintain, the Deering Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin-grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds it's an ideal banjo for both children and adults, easy to play and to travel with conveniently.
The most recommended banjo by banjo teachers is right here! Made in America. Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! The Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin-grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds, the weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play and travel with conveniently.
When the Goodtime banjo was first released in 1996, it revolutionized the banjo world cementing its place as a lightweight, affordable, great-sounding American-made banjo, heralded for its affordability and great value.
Today, the Deering Goodtime banjo is as popular as ever, continuing to be the choice among musicians of all skill levels, thanks to its excellent craftsmanship, superior sound quality, and affordable price point. It is also the most recommended banjo for beginners!
Central to the success of the Goodtime banjo is the construction which utilizes high-quality materials and components, including a three-ply violin-grade maple rim, and an exceptionally stable and slender hard rock maple neck, ensuring that it delivers a rich, full sound with excellent clarity and projection. The Goodtime tailpiece is our own design, the tension hoop is rolled in-house from raw metal. We took time to source the best possible tuners to compliment the Goodtime affordability and topped it off with the best banjo strings on the market.
This emphasis on quality also makes the Goodtime banjo incredibly easy to play, thanks to its slim neck profile, low string action, and smooth fretwork. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced player, you'll appreciate the Goodtime banjo's comfortable feel and excellent playability.
- Blonde slender rock maple neck
- 11" 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
- Sealed geared tuners and geared 5th string tuner
- Pressed-in nickel silver frets
- Steel coordinator rod
- Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
- Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
Please note, Deering instruments use a coated top banjo head. The manufacturing process can leave overspray on the edge of the head which rubs off during normal use. This overspray can also be removed with a microfiber cloth.
- Deering Goodtime 'smile' bridge: The sensitivity of the maple with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to Goodtime Banjo's clear, resonant responsiveness.
- Quiet tailpiece: Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from 'making its own sound' and muddying up the banjo's tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece!
- Stability-enhancing J-hooks: Proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
- Quiet coordinator rod: The coordinator rod is made from a special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
- 3-ply violin-grade maple rim: The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
- Sealed geared tuners: Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning Goodtime Banjo easy, accurate and fun. Many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, leading students to blame themselves for an out-of-tune banjo when it's the tuner that is at fault.
- Rock maple neck: This fine-grained, dense, extremely hard wood creates a stable neck and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime Banjo tone.
|Acoustic Body Style
|Included From Manufacturer
|Deering light gauge banjo strings
|Product Unique Features
11" rim diameter
Sealed geared tuners
Geared 5th string tuner
Steel coordinator rod
Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
Pressed-in nickel silver frets
|Right Left Handed
|5/8" maple/ebony Goodtime bridge
|Bridge Saddle Material
| Durable satin finish
|Number of Frets
| 11" Cherry 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
Steel tension hoop
11" frosted top high crown head
16 flat hooks with 9/32" nuts
Deering Goodtime Warranty
All new Deering Goodtime banjos carry a six-year limited warranty when you send in the warranty card or register online at the Deering Banjos website.
The warranty covers defective materials or workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, the frets, finish, or accidental damage and is not transferable to subsequent owners. Incidental and consequential damages are excluded from this warranty and Deering assumes no liability other than for the actual repair of the instrument.
Register your Goodtime banjo to validate your warranty and receive your Banjo Maintenance Manual.
Customer is responsible for shipping to and from factory for all repairs, whether warranty or non-warranty. Deering reserves the right to repair or replace the product following suitable evaluation.