OTO Machines BOUM is a full analog stereo warming unit, combining an easy-to-use compressor, a versatile distortion generator and a smooth low pass filter. BOUM is the perfect tool when you need to add warmth, thickness and character to your sounds, but also apply severe distortion and extreme compression treatments.
BOUM is based on an original and unique circuit, including the following stages:
- Input gain: boost your signal up to +18dB to adapt BOUM to many signal levels and also improve the distortion content and compression sensitivity.
- Compressor: with a single knob, control the 3 essential parameters of a compressor – threshold, ratio and makeup gain – without even thinking about how a compressor works! The ratio ranges from 1:1 (no compression) to inf.:1 (limiter), but also negative compression up to 1:-1! 6 different Attack and release times are available for fine tuning.
- Lo cut filter: attenuate the distortion content of the bass frequencies, making your distorted sound easier to mix with the original one, with this 6 dB/octave lo cut filter.
- Distortion generator: choose one of the 4 different distortion circuits.
- Boost: soft clipping amplifier, perfect for subtle harmonic enhancement.
- Tube: asymmetrical tube distortion emulator based on MOSFET technology. Generate mostly a second harmonic distortion.
- Fuzz: symmetrical hard clipping amplifier, similar to an overdriven mixer preamp.
- Square: pure square wave generator based on a comparator. The ultimate fuzz!
- Hi cut filter: soften the high frequencies with this smooth and musical 12 dB/octave low pass filter.
- Noise gate: remove noise coming from the different treatments or use it for interesting 'chopping' effects.
All these analog effects are packaged in a compact format with 36 user presets and full MIDI control.
BOUM will give you a wide range of compression, distortion and filtering effects, ranging from subtle harmonic enhancement to an insane square distortion and everything in between!
- Analog signal path and sidechain
- One knob compressor (ratio 1:1 to 1:-1) with attack and release parameters
- 36 user presets
- Gate with threshold up to 0 dB for production purpose
- Input gain up to +18 dB
- 4 distortions
- Variable hi cut filter: 12 dB/octave, from 20 kHz to 10 Hz
- Lo cut filter: flat, 75 Hz, 150 Hz, 300 Hz
- MIDI CCs for all knobs and parameters
- Responds to MIDI Program Change
- Responds to note
- Nice and simple user interface via 16 white LEDs
- Rugged steel enclosure
- Neutrik jack connectors
- Power supply included
- Dimensions 5.71" × 5.71" × 2.56"
- Weight 1.68 lbs.
|Included From Manufacturer||Power Supply|
|Product Unique Features||
Four distortion circuits
One-knob compressor with attack and release parameters
Gate with threshold up to 0 dB
|Control Connections||MIDI in with support for MIDI CC on all parameters and MIDI Program Change|
|Audio Inputs||Dual 1/4" stereo|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo|
|On-board Expression Pedal||No|
|Number of Patches/Programs||(36) preset locations|
|Power Adaptor||Included 15 volts DC 0.5 amps, center positive|
|Product Weight||1.68 lbs.|
OTO Machines Warranty
BOUM is sold with one year full warranty. This warranty covers all malfunctions that may occur from normal use, and does not cover damage due to abuse, faulty connections or operation under other than specified conditions.
Warranty is void when serial number is unreadable, when the device is repaired by unauthorized persons, opened, or tampered with in any way, or if the product was not sold to the end user through an authorized dealer or the OTO Machines website.
This warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the product.
The unit can only be returned for repair after agreement from OTO Machines. Customer covers shipping cost of faulty BOUM to OTO Machines and OTO Machines covers shipping cost back to customer.