PWM Malevolent is a truly analog synthesizer cohabiting with both the modular and synthesizer worlds. In addition to an extensive patch panel, it boasts multiple connectivity options including MIDI, class-compliant USB-C and analog clock. The onboard arpeggiator automatically detects and syncs to either analog or USB/MIDI clock signals.
- Pure analog signal path designed by Future Sound Systems
- Semi-modular 1/8" patch panel with 19 inputs, 19 outputs and normalized signal path
- Two voltage-controlled oscillators, each with saw, triangle and pulse outputs
- Shape control, pulse width modulation and frequency modulation
- Low-frequency oscillator with triangle and square waves
- Two ADSR envelopes with individual gate trigger inputs
- Multi-mode voltage-controlled filter with individual low pass, band pass and high pass inputs
- Two filter frequency modulation inputs with amount controls
- Mixer with noise source and external audio input with level controls
- Voltage-controlled amplifier with overdrive control
- USB/MIDI-to-1V/octave control voltage and gate conversion
- Arpeggiator with six modes including up, down, up/down (two types), played and random
- Auto clock sync to analog clock or USB/MIDI with selectable clock divisions
- Multi-function joystick control for pitch bend, performable portamento and performable vibrato
- 32 velocity-sensitive mini keys with pitch, velocity and gate outputs
- USB bus powered with included power supply
Malevolent is everything you want from a true analog design yet will sit happily in your studio with USB-C, MIDI and clock I/O for easy interfacing between digital and analog worlds.
All this is achieved without compromise on the analog side, as Malevolent has two proper VCOs derived from a 4046-based core that will sing and snarl in equal measure.
The opto-FET-controlled two-pole Sallen-Key filter will whistle and burble unlike anything you can get out of a digital model. Indeed, this is the whole point of Malevolent: it lives and breathes.
Malevolent's control joystick has variable-rate vibrato and variable-speed glide as well as pitch bend.
A fully featured arpeggiator with independent control and signal capabilities allows arp MIDI control alongside patchable signal manipulation.
Malevolent has second-to-none USB MIDI control completely separate from the analog signal path, working as a totally independent USB-to-1 volt per octave USB MIDI interface.
|Built In Speakers||No|
|Included From Manufacturer||
USB-C to USB-A cable
USB power supply
|Number of Keys||32|
|Key Size||Mini Keys|
|Midi||In, Out, and USB|
|Product Unique Features||
Pure analog signal path designed by Future Sound Systems
USB/MIDI-to-1V/octave control voltage and gate conversion
Auto clock sync to analog clock or USB/MIDI with selectable clock divisions
USB bus powered with included power supply
|Control Connections||Semi-modular CV/gate patch panel with 19 inputs and 19 outputs|
|Onboard Controllers||Multi-function joystick control with pitch bend, portamento, vibrato and latching hold mode|
|Effects||Overdrive control in VCA|
|Audio Inputs||1/8" mono external audio input on patch panel|
|Audio Outputs|| 1/4" mono main output
1/8" mono mixer output on patch panel
|Key Action||Synth action with velocity|
|Oscillators per Voice||2|
|Product Weight||5.8 lb|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|Voices of Polyphony||Monophonic|
PWM Warranty Statement
Malevolent comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase.
Please do not insert anything into the trim pot holes located just above the 1V/Oct jacks in each of Malevolent's VCO sections. These trim pots are for manufacturer and service use only. Insertion of anything into these holes will invalidate your warranty.