Plug into Strymon BigSky and instantly lift your sound into the stratosphere. The world below you fades into the distance, and you're elevated into a glow of lush, glorious, radiant reverbs.
- Handcrafted, studio-class reverb algorithms deliver lush, gorgeous and musically inspiring reverb experiences
- 300 easily accessible and nameable presets with deep parameter control for easy customization of reverb sounds
- LED display for preset info, reverb decay time and extended parameter control
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for complex rigs
- Sturdy and lightweight light blue anodized aluminum chassis with laser-etched artwork
- Durable black anodized aluminum knobs
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- True bypass via electromechanical relay switching
- High quality, transparent analog buffered bypass mode
- ±3dB boost/cut saveable per preset
- Optional kill dry mode mutes dry signal for use in parallel effects loops
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine. BigSky gives you twelve studio-class reverb machines, each with simple yet powerful controls.
- Cloud Reverb – Cloud is a gorgeously big, ambient reverb that draws from techniques developed in the late 70s.
- Chorale Reverb – A vocal choir accompanies your music. Choose vowel ranges and intensities to customize your choir.
- Shimmer Reverb – Two tunable voices add pitch-shifted tones to the reverberated signal for resplendent, unearthly ambience.
- Magneto Reverb – The Magneto machine sets up a multi-head echo with all heads on.
- Nonlinear Reverb – A variety of physics-defying reverb shapes are available for special effects and unique textures in the Nonlinear machine.
- Reflections Reverb – The Reflections machine is a psychoacoustically accurate small-space reverb that allows you to move your amp anywhere in the room.
- Bloom Reverb – The Bloom reverb features a 'bloom generating' section that feeds into a traditional reverb tank.
- Swell Reverb – The Swell machine brings in the reverb gradually behind the dry signal for subtle, evolving textures, like having a volume pedal on the wet signal.
- Spring Reverb – The Spring machine allows for complete customization from warm and mellow to splashy and dripping with a selectable number of springs.
- Plate Reverb – The Plate machine is a rich, fast-building reverb that creates depth without early reflection cues to a specific environment.
- Hall Reverb – Diffused reflections and slower-building density are the hallmarks of this beautiful and versatile reverb.
- Room Reverb – A versatile room algorithm creates environments ranging from well-tuned studio ambience to larger night club acoustics.
Simple yet powerful controls
Strymon went to extraordinarily lengths to craft BigSky to empower your creativity without getting in the way of it. They hand-picked the most essential reverb controls and tailored their range and functionality so that sounds can be created effortlessly without extended tweaking.
300 built-in presets
BigSky gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 300 of your own presets. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display. You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
Expression pedal control
Plug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, including parameters assigned to PARAM knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary tap switch for remote control of pre-delay or, on the Magento and Nonlinear machines, decay time.
There are occasionally times as guitarists when we don't use guitar amplifiers: using a full-range PA system, recording direct or using headphones. Because reverb pedals are usually placed last in your effects chain, Strymon felt that BigSky could provide more utility for these situations. Just turn on the selectable cab filter to engage a sophisticated speaker response curve. Your dirt pedals will sound amp-like, and your clean guitar will have a present-yet-rounded response.
Do you like to tweak some knobs more than others? BigSky gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two PARAM knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset. Easily bring your most used menu parameters to the front panel and tweak your sound on the fly.
Infinite sustain / freeze
Press and hold your active preset footswitch to activate either infinite sustain or freeze, configurable per preset. Infinite sustain allows your reverbs to continue infinitely, with each new note you play adding to the reverb signal. Freeze also delivers infinite sustain but allows you to play new notes on top of the sustain without adding to the reverb.
Spillover / reverb persist
Engage spillover to allow reverb decays to spill over as you switch from one preset to another. You can also turn on reverb persist to allow your reverb decay trails to continue even after you hit bypass.
Extensive MIDI support
Have a more complex rig? BigSky offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear. Remote control any knob, parameter or switch. Select your presets via MIDI. Organize and back up your presets to your Mac or PC using a MIDI-to-USB adapter and Strymon Librarian software.
|Included From Manufacturer
|Product Unique Features
|1/4" expression pedal input
| Room Reverb
|Dual 1/4" stereo input
|Dual 1/4" stereo output
|On-board Expression Pedal
|Number of Patches/Programs
|300 nameable preset storage locations
|Number of Pedal Switches
|Rugged metal stomp switches for preset selection and effect bypass
|Included 9VDC center negative power supply
Strymon Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
Strymon warranties its products and their varying components to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from the original date of purchase when purchased from an authorized Strymon dealer:
- 2 years – Compadre, Iridium, NightSky, Riverside, Sunset, Volante, Zelzah
- 1 year – BigSky, blueSky, Brigadier, Deco, DIG, El Capistan, Flint, Lex, Mobius, OB.1, Ola, Orbit, TimeLine
- 2 years – AA.1, Magneto, StarLab
- 5 years – Zuma, Zuma R300, Ojai, Ojai R30
- 1 year – Factory power supplies for pedals
- 2 years – Conduit
- 1 year – MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, original MultiSwitch, MIDI EXP Cables, DC Power Cables, EIAJ-05 Link Cables, 24V Power Adapter for Ojai/Ojai R30, Polarity Reversal Adapters, Voltage Doubler Adapters, Daisy-Chain Power Cables
If the product fails within the warranty period, Strymon will repair or, at its discretion, replace the product at no cost to the original purchaser.
This warranty covers defects in manufacturing discovered while using this product as recommended by Strymon. This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage, lightning, or natural disasters. Damage caused by any of the above circumstances may result in a non-warranty repair fee.
Products that were purchased from an unauthorized dealer are not covered under warranty. The warranty is non-transferrable and does not cover used or second-hand products.
Limits of liability
In the case of malfunction, the purchaser's sole recourse shall be repair or replacement, as described in the preceding paragraphs. Strymon will not be held liable to any party for damages that result from the failure of this product. Damages excluded include, but are not limited to, the following: lost profits, lost savings, damage to other equipment, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use, or inability to use this product. In no event will Strymon be liable for more than the amount of the purchase price, not to exceed the current retail price of the product. Strymon disclaims any other warranties, express or implied. By using the product, the user accepts all terms herein.
How to obtain service under this warranty
Contact Strymon through its website for return authorization and information. Proof of original ownership may be required in the form of a purchase receipt.