For Mobius, Strymon dedicated themselves to forging a collection of the most organic, luscious, expressive and versatile modulation effects ever heard. They painstakingly studied the nuances of the legendary modulations of celebrated tremolo effects, phaser pedals, chorus units and more from the last five decades. And Strymon didn't stop at faithfully capturing these warm and lush vintage sounds, but expanded their vocabulary with extended versatility and sonic possibilities never before heard.
- 12 modulation machines to choose from with studio-class modulation algorithms deliver meticulous and detailed modulation experiences
- 5 front-panel tone shaping knobs: Speed, Depth, Level, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- Additional menu-driven parameters deliver extremely flexible tone shaping options and versatility
- 200 easily accessible and nameable presets, save and recall at the press of a switch
- LED display for preset info, BPM readout and extended parameter control
- Full MIDI I/O implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- Pre/Post Mode for flexible routing, allowing you to put Mobius in two different places in your mono signal chain
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- True bypass via electromechanical relay switching
- Selectable high-quality analog buffered bypass
12 versatile modulation machines: open up the history books of music
Mobius gives you twelve legendary, versatile and inspirational modulation machines, all in an easy-to-use package. Go from mouthwatering vintage chorus sounds all the way to syrupy psychedelic phasers. Get classic, pulsating tremolos all the way to warbling crushed bits. Mobius opens up the history books of music and provides new sounds and inspiration for all of your musical ideas.
- Chorus – The Chorus machine features five distinct modes to cover all the classic chorus sounds, from the variable-clock warmth of the dBucket, Multi and Vibrato modes to the crisp and clean 80s sounds of the Digital and Detune modes.
- Flanger – The Flanger machine's six modes are designed to deliver the historic catalog of flanging tones with maximum ease of use. Choose from color-coded Silver, Grey and Black modes for vintage stomp flanger tones or go through zero back to the days of tape flanging with Zero+ and Zero- modes.
- Rotary – The Rotary machine captures the sonic swirling complexities of a variable horn and drum rotary speaker. A variety of parameters let you shape the system's sonics and mechanics.
- Vibe – The Vibe machine lives and breathes with the warmth and depth that discerning vibe fans will appreciate. Control over waveshape symmetry, low end response, and headroom allow for precise under-the-hood adjustments.
- Phaser – The Phaser machine's modes ensure that you're able to easily dial in chewy 2, 4 and 6 stage phasers as well as swirly 8, 12 and 16 (!) stage phasers. Each mode was painstakingly tuned for optimum sonic performance.
- Filter – The flexible Filter machine gives you Low Pass, Wah, and High Pass filter modes with resonance control and a host of cool waveforms, including envelope control to allow for soothing sweeps, funky wahs and futuristic bleeps.
- Formant – Say what? The Formant machine does the talking for you. The Formant machine provides hours of fun as a host of selectable waveforms control the selected vowels. Select random vowels and who knows what it'll say next?
- Vintage Trem – The Vintage Trem machine provides three historic tremolo sounds. Choose the rich complexity of Harmonic tremolo, the soothing pulses of Tube tremolo or the surf and spy sounds of Photo tremolo.
- Pattern Trem – The Pattern Trem machine allows you to sequence up to eight beats of trem subdivision for some unique rhythmic sounds. Choose from a variety of waveforms including smooth sinewaves, sharp saws, choppy pulses and more. Easily retrigger your pattern with a single press of the tap switch.
- Autoswell – The Autoswell machine goes beyond the typical 'volume swell' effect, giving you four different types of swell curves to choose from in addition to a wide range of rise times. The Depth knobs brings in a chorus/vibrato effect to the swelled signal when turned up.
- Destroyer – The Destroyer machine combines bit-crushing, sample-rate reduction and lo-fi filtering alongside vinyl scratches and warps. From an old-timey 78rpm record to videogame nostalgia to a heinously corrupted under-sampled buzz, the Destroyer machine has the power, flexibility and sonic pedigree necessary to really muck things up just right.
- Quadrature – The Quadrature machine handles another spectrum of signal corruption. Choose from AM (amplitude modulation), FM (frequency modulation) or Frequency Shifting (single sideband modulation) to go where few have gone before. This mode is highly flexible with a variety of waveshapes to modulate the modulation.
200 built-in presets
Mobius gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display. You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
Expression pedal control
Plug in an expression pedal (sold separately) and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary footswitch (also sold separately) for remote control of your LFO speed.
Do you like to tweak some knobs more than others? Mobius gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two Param knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset.
Switch to Pre/Post mode and place your Mobius in two different locations in your mono signal chain – without having to rewire your pedalboard! Want to run Mobius before your distortion box for one song and after the distortion for another? Easy! No rewiring necessary.
Extensive MIDI support
Have a more complex rig? Mobius offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear. Sync your LFO time to MIDI clock. Remote control of any knob, parameter or switch. Select your presets via MIDI.
|Included From Manufacturer
|Product Unique Features
|1/4" expression pedal input or footswitch input
|Dual 1/4" stereo input
|Dual 1/4" stereo output
|On-board Expression Pedal
|Number of Patches/Programs
|200 nameable preset storage locations
|Number of Pedal Switches
|Rugged metal stomp switches for preset selection and tap tempo
|Included 9VDC center negative power supply
Strymon Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
Strymon warranties its products and their varying components to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from the original date of purchase when purchased from an authorized Strymon dealer:
- 2 years – Compadre, Iridium, NightSky, Riverside, Sunset, Volante, Zelzah
- 1 year – BigSky, blueSky, Brigadier, Deco, DIG, El Capistan, Flint, Lex, Mobius, OB.1, Ola, Orbit, TimeLine
- 2 years – AA.1, Magneto, StarLab
- 5 years – Zuma, Zuma R300, Ojai, Ojai R30
- 1 year – Factory power supplies for pedals
- 2 years – Conduit
- 1 year – MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, original MultiSwitch, MIDI EXP Cables, DC Power Cables, EIAJ-05 Link Cables, 24V Power Adapter for Ojai/Ojai R30, Polarity Reversal Adapters, Voltage Doubler Adapters, Daisy-Chain Power Cables
If the product fails within the warranty period, Strymon will repair or, at its discretion, replace the product at no cost to the original purchaser.
This warranty covers defects in manufacturing discovered while using this product as recommended by Strymon. This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage, lightning, or natural disasters. Damage caused by any of the above circumstances may result in a non-warranty repair fee.
Products that were purchased from an unauthorized dealer are not covered under warranty. The warranty is non-transferrable and does not cover used or second-hand products.
Limits of liability
In the case of malfunction, the purchaser's sole recourse shall be repair or replacement, as described in the preceding paragraphs. Strymon will not be held liable to any party for damages that result from the failure of this product. Damages excluded include, but are not limited to, the following: lost profits, lost savings, damage to other equipment, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use, or inability to use this product. In no event will Strymon be liable for more than the amount of the purchase price, not to exceed the current retail price of the product. Strymon disclaims any other warranties, express or implied. By using the product, the user accepts all terms herein.
How to obtain service under this warranty
Contact Strymon through its website for return authorization and information. Proof of original ownership may be required in the form of a purchase receipt.