Portacapture X8 is a new generation hi-res recorder w/large 3.5" touch screen. Simple user-friendly app-like operation that utilizes cutting-edge functionality for creating quality content. A must-have for podcasters, gamers, live streamers, twitchers, sound designers, field recordists, videographers, indie filmmakers, and more.
- Intuitive Launcher system using a 3.5-inch color touch panel display
- Recording applications such as basic multi-track recording, podcasting, music, voice (interviews, vlog), field recording, ASMR and more
- 4 XLR/TRS locking combo jack MIC/LINE inputs with individual phantom power supply (24V/48V) and in-house-developed HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps
- Supports up to 192kHz/ 32-bit float point recording
- Detachable 14.6mm large-diaphragm condenser mics for both A-B position and X-Y position
- Includes 8-in/2-out USB audio interface function
- Internal multi-track recording up to 8 tracks (6 tracks + 2 mix)
- TASCAM Portacapture Control app for wireless remote control via mobile devices (with optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth adapter)
- Dual recording mode enables each track to be recorded in a different file format
- Equipped with a variety of functions such as low-cut filter, compressor, limiter, auto-gain control, reverb, noise gate and normalize
- CAMERA/EXT input allows audio recorded on a camera to be monitored and also supports audio input of wireless microphones and more
- CAMERA/LINE output with attenuation function allows for sending audio to external devices like cameras, etc.
- Audio monitoring is possible with either headphone output or the built-in speaker
- Supports micro SD/micro SDHC/micro SDXC (up to 512GB) recording media
- Equipped with a Mark function and slate tone function
- Powered by 4 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520U)
Launcher icon system
The new Launcher system and 3.5-inch color touch panel allow smooth navigation to select the best audio settings that match the application. Taking advantage of these presets, users will have more time to focus on the actual recording without the need to struggle with complicated settings.
Configure level settings with ease
The Portacapture X8 provides a preset level setting to achieve a wide dynamic range utilizing the premium dual AD converters and 32-bit float point recording technology. The result is content with uncompromised audio quality even with low level recordings. The audio data can be edited and increased later without deteriorating the S/N (signal-to-noise ratio). Also the internal normalize function allows automatic level alignment of the 2-mix file after recording. Combining these features, there's no need to use valuable creative time finding the right audio level that matches the recording.
USB audio interface with no driver needed
Utilizing plug-and-go driverless functionality, the Portacapture X8 can be used as a compact mixer with built-in microphones for live streaming via OBS or similar platforms, and also offers direct recording of video narration and dialogue directly to DAW and editing software. The Portacapture X8 streams up to 8 tracks (6 inputs and 2mix) through USB. By supporting the USB Type-C Power Delivery standard, Portacapture X8 can provide phantom power to each external mic at once with USB bus power. For video or audio conferencing, use the Portacapture X8 as your USB microphones and even record the audio simultaneously.
Premium large format built-in microphones
The Portacapture X8 comes with two 14.6mm diameter built-in microphones, the largest in our lineup. Employing a detachable mechanism, both L and R microphones can be flexibly attached/detached from the main unit to form A-B / True X-Y mic patterns.
Wireless remote control
Wireless remote control is possible via mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets (iPad and Android devices) using the optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth dongle and the Portacapture Control app, which can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store or Google Play.
Up to 8 tracks of multi-track recording
The Portacapture X8 can simultaneously record up to 8 tracks in total (6 tracks + 2 mix). From monaural audio recording to multi-track music recording, the Portacapture X8 can be flexibly adapted for a wide range of applications.
For the XLR/TRS inputs, TASCAM know-how utilizing the in-house-developed HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps - enables high-quality audio recording.
|Included From Manufacturer
|AA alkaline batteries × 4
|Max Sample Bit
|192 kHz / 32-bit
|4 AA batteries (Alkaline, Ni-MH or Lithium-ion)
|File Formats Supported
| 4 x XLR
1/8" Stereo Mini jack
| 1/8" Stereo Mini output jack
1/8" Stereo Mini headphone jack
|Detachable 14.6mm large-diaphragm condenser mics for both A-B position and X-Y position
|TASCAM PS-P520U AC adapter (sold separately)
|Number of Tracks
|8 tracks maximum (6 tracks, stereo mix)
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.