Tiptop Audio Forbidden Planet is an all-analog multi-mode filter design influenced by the 1975 Steiner-Parker Synthacon model. Control Forbidden Planet manually or via CV and take the sound of your eurorack into new orbits.
Forbidden Planet has three filter input jacks: high pass, low pass and band pass. The high sass section is this module's signature sound, a crisp, sharp cut with no residue, designed to add high pass filtering capability to Tiptop Audio's wide range of eurorack modules. Send a throbbing kick drum through the high pass section and filter out the the rumbling lows while maintaining the pulse of the beat. The band pass is clear and useful in isolating a pie-slice range of frequencies while cutting off the lows and highs, great for accurate sound design or sculpting audio into that sweet spot. The low pass is an airy classic 12dB two-pole analog slope ideal for monophonic synth patches and filtering down to the essential low-end bass we all love.
Forbidden Planet's resonance utilizes an internal feedback path that can sound smooth or aggressive depending on the knob setting. At a low setting it emphasizes the cutoff harmonics, at middle settings it begins to self oscillate and towards maximum setting it forms interesting tones and all sorts of chopped, grainy bits of self-oscillation, perfect for entering into a sci-fi world.
Forbidden Planet is an impressive multi-mode analog filter that adds a broader filter spectrum to the Tiptop Audio modular family and unlocks forbidden creative possibilities in a small package.
- Module controls
- FREQUENCY knob: adjusts filter cutoff frequency
- ATTEN. knob: attenuates the filter cutoff CV input jack
- RESO knob: adjusts filter resonance
- VOLUME knob: sets module output volume
- Patch points
- HP IN input: high pass filter input
- BP IN input: band pass filter input
- LP IN input: low pass filter input
- CV input (top right): filter frequency CV input with no attenuation
- CV input (lower left): filter frequency CV input attenuated by ATTEN. knob
- OUT output: module audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 8hp
- Module depth: 30.5mm
- Power usage: 10mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V
|Module Power Usage|| 10mA @ +12V
10mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.