When Strymon decided to create a studio-class stereo delay effects pedal, they knew they must go well beyond what has been done in the past in sound quality, sonic flexibility, hardware design and processing power. Months were spent locked up in the Strymon sound design labs dreaming up the most spacious, lush, creative and tweakable delay effects ever heard. It was a monumental task, a relentless study of delays and their nuances, a continuous pursuit of innovative and musically inspirational sounds. Utilizing a powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed.
- Handcrafted, studio-class delay algorithms deliver meticulous, detailed and nuanced delay experiences
- Twelve delay machines to choose from: Digital, Dual, Pattern, Reverse, Ice, Duck, Swell, Trem, Filter, Lo-fi, dTape, dBucket
- 200 easily accessible and nameable presets, save and recall at the press of a switch
- 30-second stereo Looper routable pre- or post-delay with MIDI capability
- LED display for preset info, BPM/time readout, and extended parameter control
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- Selectable 'trails' mode with high quality analog buffered bypass, saveable per preset
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
- Switchable I/O configuration: stereo out or mono with delay feedback loop Insert
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- True bypass via electromechanical relay switching
- ±3dB boost/cut, saveable per preset
- Optional kill dry mode mutes dry signal for use in parallel effects loops
- Optional global tap tempo mode
Explore your creativity
TimeLine provides you with twelve unique delay machines, each with extensive control over sonic character and feel. Go from crisp and clear studio-quality digital delays all the way to the saturated and fluctuating sounds of tape delay machines. Get warm and fuzzy analog style repeats all the way to shimmery, sparkling and crystalline ice delays. Tweak to your hearts content and save up to 200 presets of your favorite sounds. Top it all off with full MIDI implementation and a routable, 30-second stereo looper and you're on your way to delay bliss.
- Digital Delay – A crystal-clear digital delay that can be endlessly tweaked and enriched with the Filter, Grit, Smear, High Pass and Modulation controls. A wide range of delay tones can be achieved with this classic 'voiced' digital approach. In addition, a non-linear mode allows the repeats to fade more quickly while still retaining a natural feel.
- Dual Delay – Two independent delay lines can be configured in series or parallel (right/left split). The second delay has independent Mix, Repeat and Time values and can also be set to track the first delay's knob values.
- Pattern Delay – The Pattern machine gives you a variety of multi-tap patterns that span from rhythmic to ambient to percussive and everything in between. Filter, Grit and Mod knobs deliver a wide range of delay experiences.
- Reverse Delay – You play frontwards, it repeats backwards. Your playing triggers the delays, producing predictable, repeatable and extremely useful reverse effects. Add some Smear to soften the attacks, smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
- Ice Delay – The Ice machine slices and dices your input and plays the pieces back with a selectable Interval shift amount from an octave down to two octaves up and anywhere in between. You can Blend the ice amount from none to all. Selectable Slice size allows further possibilities, changing the size of audio chunks that get shifted.
- Duck Delay – Duck and cover! You get a ducking delay with adjustable Sensitivity and Release Time along with a switchable Feedback duck option. This allows for a wide variety of dynamic delay effects.
- Swell Delay – Variable swell time allows you to match the swell with the delay time. Turn the Mix to full wet and turn up the repeats for ethereal ambient effects. Adjust the Rise Time to set the time constant for the swell effect. Add some Smear to soften the attacks, smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
- Trem Delay – The Trem delay machine provides you with a synchronized tremolo with Waveshape, Depth and Speed for cool new sounds. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp and saw to vary the delay amplitude.
- Filter Delay – The Filter delay gives you a synchronized Filter that can be placed before or after the delay. Wave shape, Depth, Speed, Resonance and Filter Location are all adjustable parameters. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp, saw, random, up and down to vary the delay amplitude. Limitless filter possibilities!
- Lo-Fi Delay – Crush some bits with the Lo-Fi delay machine. Adjust Bit Depth and Sample Rate while blending the results with the full resolution signal. Select from several hand crafted lo-fi Filters spanning transistor radios, telephones, phonographic horns and other 'collectibles.' Top it off with Strymon's exclusive dVinyl record noise, adding a scratchy record complete with dust and dirt.
- dTape Delay – The dTape machine delivers the complete experience of sought-after sliding-head tape echo machines with every attribute relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. Enjoy full control over Tape Age, Wow & Flutter, Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour and Tape Speed.
- dBucket Delay – The dBucket machine provides you with a deep and nuanced recreation of analog bucket brigade-style delay types. Two delay time ranges are available for single or multiple BBD chip delay times. Utilize Strymon's exclusive Bucket Loss control along with dedicated Filter and Mod controls.
200 built-in presets
Are presets your thing? TimeLine gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches or select presets externally with a footswitch or MIDI controller.
Expression pedal control
Plug in an expression pedal (sold separately) and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary footswitch (also sold separtely) for remote control of tap tempo.
Built-in stereo looper
TimeLine comes with a built-in 30-second stereo looper routeable pre- or post-delay. Record, overdub, play and stop are right at your feet. Record the delay signal to your loop or route the looper before your delay and saturate your dry loop in echoey goodness. Super simple to use and a ton of fun, you can also control the looper with a footswitch or external MIDI controller (both sold separately) to access reverse, half speed, undo-to-initial-loop and redo functions.
Switch to Feedback Loop mode and run an external effects pedal in the feedback loop of your TimeLine.
Extensive MIDI Support
Have a more complex rig? TimeLine offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear. Sync your delay time to MIDI clock. Enjoy remote control of any knob, parameter or switch. Select your presets via MIDI. You can even send MIDI messages to the built-in looper.
|Included From Manufacturer
|Product Unique Features
| 1/4" expression input for expression pedal, footswitch or TRS MIDI
5-pin MIDI input and output
| Digital Delay
Stereo 30-second looper
| Dual 1/4" stereo input
Right input also configurable as feedback loop return input
| Dual 1/4" stereo output
Right output also configurable as feedback loop send output
|On-board Expression Pedal
|Number of Patches/Programs
|200 nameable preset storage locations
|Number of Pedal Switches
|3 multifunction rugged metal stomp switches
|Included 9VDC center negative power supply